News & Events
Made in NYC Week 2020 Recap
Like so many of the businesses that make up our membership, Made in NYC pivoted for this year’s annual celebration of manufacturing. An all virtual experience kicked off on October 2nd, bringing 8 days of online panels, demos, factory tours and more to New Yorkers and beyond.
We’ve posted a few highlights from the week below, and most of the video content can be viewed at MadeinNYCWeek.com.
Kick off Party
Weekend of Making
From October 3-4, the Weekend of Making helped put a face to New Yorkers’ favorite local products and explore what it’s really like to run a manufacturing business. Highlights included:
- Toymaking demo with Teknikio
- Virtual tastings with Moto Spirits, Squish Marshmallows, Milene Jardine & Brooklyn Winery
- Soapmaking demo with Body Vanity
- Meet the Maker Interviews with Morito Chocolates, Ojala Threads, and Gwen Beloti hosted on our Instagram channel
Panel Discussions & Interviews
We hosted a series of virtual discussions including:
- Critical conversations about NYC’s fashion workforce, the disruption and resiliency of local food supply chains, and the manufacturers who pivoted in the heart of the pandemic to meet the needs of fellow New Yorkers.
- A conversation on Inclusive Design and Employment for People of All Abilities co-hosted with Turnstile Tours.
- The Pratt Alumni Maker Spotlight that told the stories of Pratt alumni who are now thriving in NYC’s maker and manufacturing community.
Virtual Factory Tours
To wrap up the week, we took you behind the walls of 14 NYC factories & workspaces for Factory Friday virtual tours in partnership with the Brooklyn Navy Yard & Open House NY.
If you weren’t able to attend live, you can catch up and rewatch all Made in NYC Week 2020 programming at the link below.